NEWS

Among the leaders addressing healthcare policy at HLTH on topics such as drug pricing, the role of government in healthcare, and regulation will be Seema Verma from CMS, Dr. Amy Abernathy at the FDA and presidential hopeful Michael Bennet. Source link
The company plans to discontinue development of its intravenous drug, SY-1365, and refocus on an oral therapy with the same molecular target following the former’s failure in Phase I. Shares of Syros fell more than 32 percent on the news. Source link
consumerism
If “healthcare” spending is scrutinized, we will find that medically-related spending is actually 60 percent of overall expenses which means the remaining 40 percent is for NO care at all. Most of this is third-party payment. Source link
The case was expected to have nationwide implications on how hospital systems negotiate prices with insurers. If the plaintiffs prevailed, Sutter was expected to face damages of up to $2.7 billion. Source link
Software designed to detect atrial fibrillation – estimated to affect 8 million Americans this year – will be created for Fitbit and submitted to the FDA for approval. Source link
Couric, who lost her husband at 41 to colorectal cancer two decades ago and a sister to pancreatic cancer, leverages her nonprofit Stand Up to Cancer to boost research while using her media platform to educate the public. Source link
Humana hopes to improve employee engagement through its partnership with employee benefits tech company Accolade even as research shows that many benefit programs are not effective. Source link
In a conference call with analysts, Alexion CEO Ludwig Hantson said the deal was about patients rather than a defensive move against patent expiration and subsequent biosimilar competition for the drug Soliris. Source link
While the Apple Watch and other wearables have made significant inroads in the consumer arena, Sony felt the market could use a more robust B2B approach. Source link
In other news, the three largest pharmaceutical distributors in the country – AmerisourceBergen, McKesson and Cardinal Health – were reportedly in talks to settle opioid litigation for $18 billion. Source link
0FansLike
0FollowersFollow

Latest Posts